National Public Holidays in Indonesia
Find out when the Indonesian public holidays fall throughout the year...
- When a public holiday falls on a Thursday or Tuesday, it is common practice for the government to declare a bridge holiday (cuti bersama or "Shared Holiday by Government Decree"), by taking off the Friday or Monday creating a long weekend
- Public holidays that fall on the weekend are not moved to another date
- Official public holidays are announced in the summer of each year, for the following year, although the date of Islamic holidays may not be confirmed until a few days before as these are based on the lunar calendar. Following the appropriate moon sighting, announcements are made in the national press confirming the official date.
- Nyepi day (literally, day of silence) is strictly observed on the island of Bali. The airport closes for 24 hours
- Banks close on 31 December
- Eid al-Fitr (Idul Fitri) is a national public holiday for the first two days. Banks close for a week and businesses may close for up to two weeks
National and Regional Holidays
|5 October 2014 (Sun)||Eid-ul-Adha - Feast of the Sacrifice (may be changed to the nearest day)||National|
|25 October 2014 (Sat)||El am Hejir New Year 1436 (may be changed to the nearest day)||National|
|25 December 2014 (Thu)||Christmas Day||National|
Do you have a suggestion to improve this page? click here...