Registering with AngloINFO is quick and simple and gives you a lot of additional opportunities to benefit from AngloINFO's many services. It's also completely free of charge.Read More...
National Public Holidays in Indonesia
Find out when the Indonesian public holidays fall throughout the year...
- When a public holiday falls on a Thursday or Tuesday, it is common practice for the government to declare a bridge holiday (cuti bersama or "Shared Holiday by Government Decree"), by taking off the Friday or Monday creating a long weekend
- Public holidays that fall on the weekend are not moved to another date
- Official public holidays are announced in the summer of each year, for the following year, although the date of Islamic holidays may not be confirmed until a few days before as these are based on the lunar calendar. Following the appropriate moon sighting, announcements are made in the national press confirming the official date.
- Nyepi day (literally, day of silence) is strictly observed on the island of Bali. The airport closes for 24 hours
- Banks close on 31 December
- Eid al-Fitr (Idul Fitri) is a national public holiday for the first two days. Banks close for a week and businesses may close for up to two weeks
National and Regional Holidays
|25 December 2013 (Wed)||Christmas Day / Boxing Day||National|
|31 December 2013 (Tue)||banks are closed||National|
|1 January 2014 (Wed)||New Year's Day||National|
|13 January 2014 (Mon)||Prophet's Anniversary - Eid-Milad Nnabi (may be changed to the nearest day)||National|
|31 January 2014 (Fri)||Chinese New Year||National|
|31 March 2014 (Mon)||Nyepi Day - Balinese New Year||National|
|18 April 2014 (Fri)||Good Friday||National|
|14 May 2014 (Wed)||Vesak - Buddha Purnima - Visakha Bucha||National|
|27 May 2014 (Tue)||Ascension of Mohammed||National|
|29 May 2014 (Thu)||Ascension||National|
|29 July 2014 (Tue)||End of Ramadan (may be changed to the nearest day)||National|
|30 July 2014 (Wed)||End of Ramadan (may be changed to the nearest day)||National|
|31 July 2014 (Thu)||End of Ramadan (may be changed to the nearest day)||National|
|17 August 2014 (Sun)||Independence Day||National|
|18 August 2014 (Mon)||Independence Day (moved forward to Monday)||National|
|6 October 2014 (Mon)||Eid-ul-Adha - Feast of the Sacrifice (may be changed to the nearest day)||National|
|24 October 2014 (Fri)||El am Hejir New Year (may be changed to the nearest day)||National|
|25 December 2014 (Thu)||Christmas Day||National|
|31 December 2014 (Wed)||banks are closed||National|
Do you have a suggestion to improve this page? click here...